Monday, 14 April 2014

Finish Along 2014 Q2


For the second time this year I've made a list of items that I really want to get done.  Katy's linky for the deadline closes in about 3 hours so, here goes:



First there is the baby quilt.  In Q1 I showed the fabric blocks and they did get made into a top but the quilt needs basting and quilting.

Second, also a roll over from Q1 is this flowers in a watering can naive embroidery.  I love the simplicity of it.  As you can see, there isn't much to do before it's finished.



Number three, another roll over from Q1, is another embroidery.  This is one I started in 2005 when I started my international travels and it was so easy to carry around with me.  The pattern calls for it to be a cushion cover, but I'd prefer it in a frame.

I've struggled so with this section of the embroidery and have pulled it out more than once.  Maybe I should relax a little and just accepts what comes out of the needle!

.
.

This is the top right hand section of the embroidery and it just needs some more roses on the arbour.

Next are some hearts that I cut out of left over Denyse Schmidt fabrics.  I would like to sew them onto a solid background and am currently auditioning this (maybe too) dark green.  [Let me a comment and let me know what background colour you would use.]  In case you're wondering why there is clingwrap over the hearts, it's because our beloved Meisie likes to pick out pins and then runs away with them.  We're petrified she swallows one one day.  So, in the interest of health and safety, the pieces are being held in place like this until they get sewn down onto their backing.


Lastly, number five.  There is the quilt-top-in-the-making, which needs to be sewn together, basted and quilted.  These blocks were paper based and about 50% of them were sewn in a class held by Brioni Greenberg, held at The Skep in Farsley.  Brioni's own quilt is stunning.

Finish Along 2014

At the moment 174 other quilters have all joined in and linked to this Finish Along.  That's amazing!  I'd like to wish each and everyone of them good luck in their endeavours to finish their WIP's. 



4 comments:

  1. Great list! I'd try navy blue for the background for your DS hearts. Good luck finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, I love the stars. Good luck!
    PS - did you know that you're a no reply blogger? I couldn't respond to your comment I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for letting me know. Think it happened when linking to Google+ I've tweaked the settings and hopefully it's OK now.

      Delete

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...