Friday, 19 April 2013

Quilting Gallery Mug Rug Swap


 Some time ago I discovered Quilting Gallery.  It is somewhere you can find like minded folk from around the world, who quilt. You can search for blogs in your area (country or continent) and participate in events such as swaps.



One such swap was a rug mug swap using specific patterns from The Patchsmith I decided to join in because I felt that if we were all using the same pattern then it kinda puts all the participants on an equal footing.  The top two are the mug rugs that I sent off to my (secret) partner.  Along the way, as I was making them I thought how nice it would be to make a second copy of each one for myself. 


 Then I remembered that someone, somewhere, was making me one of each.


Hey ho, I didn't have to wait too long before these beauties arrived all the way from Connecticut, America.  The lady who made them is Margaret Gumble, who doesn't appear to have a blog.  They really are super and having had contact with Margaret it's a lovely thought to think that she went about making them with a secret on her lips and a smile in her heart.  Thank you Margaret.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...