Monday, 11 March 2013

Getting a facelift

For some time now I've wanted to make some changes to this blog's layout, the header picture and a few other tweeks.  All in all it has been a bit of a struggle as I really am not a computer or software boffin. 

So, on a quiet Sunday it was a blessing to come across the many How To posts on Karen's blog named Sew Many Ways.  Her blog is a great read, make sure you've got brew (that's what we call a cup of tea).  She has a large number of tutorials as well and they're really well set out - you can't go wrong when you follow her instructions.

I quite like this layout of pictures for the header but then couldn't figure out how to put the blog name up so that you could see it as a cell across the bottom of the pictures.  In the end I settled on what you see at the top today.  When I do get it figured out I'll probably change it.  If there is anyone out there that can help, please contact me - I'd be very grateful.



A while back I signed up to participate in Quilting Gallery's mug rug swap and so I've also been busy making the two mug rugs to send off.  We're fast approaching the deadline for posting.  Fortunately, they actually have their binding on and just need eyes which I'll use some beads for.  Will post pics of the completed mug rugs when they're done, posted and safely in their new home.



1 comment:

  1. Love your new look - looks great and I can't wait to see the mug rugs that you made :) x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...