Thursday, 20 December 2012

Butternut chooks



At the end of the day when I'm tired and really don't have much energy for anything else, I read.  Mostly I read blogs and sometimes I see some things that really appeal to me and make me wish that I'd thought of that.


These butternut chooks are not my own pattern or design and I don't remember where I first saw them but I did fall in love with the picture.  So, about a year after I first saw it I still remembered the chooks and drew the picture from my fading memory and then embroidered them on circles of fabric that I cut out from the back of the dresden plate quilt. To soften the look there is a layer of batting behind the fabric and I've embroidered through both layers.

The embroidery hoop is 6 inches wide and I've covered it with a strip of fabric from Denyse Schmidt's range of fabrics.  I used a second cut out circle of fabric and sewed that onto the back to finish it off neatly.

To hang it up I've taken the ring off of a pop can and sewn it on.  This allows the hoop to hang nice and flush with the wall.

If you've also seen these chooks somewhere else or know who the original designer is, please let me know so that I can give them credit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...