Thursday, 14 June 2012

Getting stuck in again

Wow folks, in my quest to find an online quilting bee / group not only have I found one but also another one that has a twist.  

The first new swap bee is a group of quilters who will make and swap different colour blocks each month so that in the end each member of Sunday Morning Quilts Bee will have the blocks to put together to make a quilt based on one contained in

 Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkinson.  

In the first month, June, we need to make yellow blocks and these are my two blocks which will be sent off (sniff sniff) to a new home.  Each month we will send our blocks to a different person.  I'm dying to see the blocks I'll receive.



The second group I've been lucky enough to get into is a new (UK only) 'Add-a-border' quilting bee brillianted named  



We start off by making the centre block for what will end up being a medallion quilt and then send it off the the next person who will add a border and then send it on.  We have two months within which to complete the border we each add.  Now I need to decide which kind of centre to make.  I've had a cruise through Flickr and there are some beautiful medallion quilts.  There are still places open so if you're interested in joining and you live in the UK, please go here and join us.   

On Flickr there are a group of quilters called Around the Bend and Across the Pond and they've made some absolutely stunning medallion quilts.  If mine ends up anything close to one of those I'll be a very happy woman!

In the meantime, I'm off to design a centre block and sort some embroidery threads which will be part of a give away that's coming up.

Wendy



 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blogging about the bee! Looking for two more victims.... I mean participants(!) if you know anyone that might want to join in

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...