Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Merry Christmas

I'd love to be able to say that this was the result of my handywork, but it isn't. In fact, it's a mini quilt that was at the WI stand at the recent knitting and Stitching show held in Harrogate in November. The show opened on the day we had our first snow this winter .... brrrrr and since then as we all know, it hasn't really let up. Being stuck indoors at this time of year is still a novelty [well for me anyway] and it's a good excuse to get some stuff done.


So, on the spur of the moment, after watching some cheffy stuff on morning telly, I decided to make a chocolate yule log. The last time I made one of these I was still at school and thanks to some non-shopping list buys we had everything needed. It tasted great but didn't last too long :)

Lastly, I want to show you what Adrienne sent me in our STUD swap. Unfortunately the first parcel was reported damaged in transit (and it never arrived nor was returned to her) and she had to do it all over again for which I'm very grateful. It's my first hexagon quilt to own. Oddly enough, I'd made her a hexagon quilt using her favourite fabrics, which had a safer journey.


While we have received many good wishes for the festive season, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families great big bundles of love and warmth, wisdom and laughter. To all those that have shared their ideas, finishes, successes, daily lives and families with me, thank you. You have no idea how often reading your blogs and seeing your pictures has spurred me on.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to finally go place an order for some nicey jane, I have been umming and arrring about it for some time, but you have just convinced me!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...