Sunday, 4 July 2010

Mini quilts / Doll quilts



The last three years I've been lucky enough to go and spend a day at the Festival of Quilts that is held annually at the NEC in Birmingham. Walking from quilt to quilt I'm repeatedly left speechless at the beauty of each and every quilt no matter how different the colours and styles. It is always so clear that there are many talented and patient quilters out there and it usually leaves me feeling quite envious and of course inspired. Buying a brochure has not been an option as all spare cash has been set aside for rulers, FQ's, patterns, magazines, batting etc so while I've flattened the camera batteries taking pictures I'm unable to tell who made what.

These are some photo's of mini quilts / doll quilts that were entered. The precision and the tiny-ness of this left me gobsmacked.

This is such a cutie cottagie row by row type quilt.

This quilter cleverly put her name on a piece of paper and pinned it to the quilt so when piccies were taken we would know who made it. It's just the cutest ever.


At the beginning of this year I joined the DQS8 swap and made this one that went to the lovely Lynz of DOMESTIC LIGHT and MAGIC


and in turn received this fabulous one from Laurie of Every-Bit-Counts

Now, I've signed up for DQS9 (as if I've nothing else to do with my spare time) and this afternoon sat down and went through all my old foto's looking for inspiration. Right now I'm quite inspired so I know what more or less what I'm heading for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...