Sunday, 7 March 2010

Days 3,4 and 5 .... Stash boosting


It's always so nice to find new shops, little gems that are hidden away and meeting shop owners and their assistants that really are the nicest people ever.

All I wanted was a lovely bunch of flowers. Instead I found a cheery man who despite his frustration at the late delivery from the flower market was chatty and eager to help me choose. He had such an assortment of beautiful fresh flowers direct from the market in Holland and this is what we decided on.

As I drove away the words 'patchwork' written across a little shop window caught my eye. I didn't have time to stop and look so went back the following day and again met the loveliest couple who recently opened their little craft shop. They cater for scrapbookers and sewists and even though the range of fabric is limited they are quality quilting fabrics and by the time I left them these fabrics came with me.

Oh the joys of stash boosting. Now I better get some sewing done to use them up. Actually, despite my list of WIP's most of these were picked with the idea of making a jewel box quilt.

Will post more of my days away tomorrow, in the meantime,
Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...