Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Day 1

Today is the first day of 12 days leave.

There will be no photo's today as we spent the major part of the day in the garage starting a spring clean. Today was my turn to help my man out. Enman has spent so much time with me doing needle-work related stuff, helping out in so many ways. He has ironed, pressed, trimmed, made templates, cups of tea, lunch and supper and driven me to fabric shops. In the meantime the garage has got colder, water pipes froze and burst, strip lights on the ceiling fused and after making some bird nest boxes there was saw dust everywhere. Don't know if I mentioned before, but he is quite a squirrel and venturing into all the nooks and crannies of the garage gave me a fresh insight into just how much (and what) he hordes. I don't feel so bad anymore about my fabric stash and quilting related magazines and books not to mention scissors, rulers, reels of thread and other gadgets.

After doing what could be done I ventured into the garden and re-acquainted myself with the layout of the land. We have a greenhouse but it's coming down to make way for a bigger one so there really is not much point in digging over soil and or mixing in manure and all the other 'additives' that gardening magazines tell you that you should be doing at this time of year. Plus, the ground is pretty solid still. The great thing about this little 'walk about' was finding some little crocus flowers that opened for the first time this morning; smiling at the snowdrops, noticing which bulbs are starting to come up and the thought of them in full flower. Afer all yesterday was the first day of spring ... now isn't that something to look forward to!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, say Hi, or better still you can leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...